40 Mesh Foundry Sand for Steel Casting
Fused ceramic foundry sand, also called Baozhu sand (pearl sand) in China, is a senior alternatives of quartz sand in foundry industry.
Even though quartz sand is widely distributed and easy to get with low cost; it has obvious shortcomings, for instance, large expansion coefficient, low precision castings, serious sticky to casting surface and difficult to clean the sticking sand.
Yuyang fused ceramic foundry sand is made from high quality bauxite and processed by calcination, fuse, granulation and sieving. So fused ceramic sand can overcome these shortcomings and greatly improving the quality of the casting.
1. Main Chemical Element:
Al2O3≥75% , Fe2O3≤5%, TiO2≤5%, SiO2 5%-20%, other element: trace amounts;
2. Shape: Ball shape;
3. Angle Factor: ≤ 1.1, very close to ball shape;
4. Bulk Density: 1.95-2.05 (g/cm3);
5. Refractoriness: ≥1790℃;
6. Thermal Conductivity: 5.27W/M•K(1200℃);
7. Thermal Expansion : 0.13% (10 minutes at 1000℃)
Features of Yuanyang 40 Mesh Fused Sand:
1. Fused bauxite sand has good performance with less thermal expansion, good liquidity and good ventilation, good enough as zircon sand.
2. Smooth surface, compact structure, so that the adhesive can be uniformly covered.
3. The ceramsite fused sand is a neutral material, can work with acids and alkalis.
4. Adhesive can be used.
5. Reuse regeneration performance.
6. cost-effective compared with the chromite sand and zircon sand, its price is only 30-50% of zircon sand and chromite sand.
7. Due to its spherical shape and small surface, so the added amount of the resin can be reduced 30-50%, the amount of added Sodium Silicate ≤4%; and reduce casting defects resulting binder, to improve the yield of castings.
8. Good refractoriness with mulite in it, easy to collapsing with good thermal conductivity, good stability and no cracks.
Should any of our sand be of interest to you, please contact us by return Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below, and we will reflex to you as soon as possible.